Once again it’s time to reflect upon the things I am thankful for.
1. I’m thankful that Michael Jackson no longer lives in this country. I don’t know why I care, but somehow I sleep better knowing he’s elsewhere.
2. For my family not sending out MISSING alerts on me. With the writing and working situation what it is, I don’t know if they remember me. But I will be the one in line for pie Thursday. Holding the extra big plate. And Tupperware containers to take home.
3. For fajitas. Oh, dear fajitas, I can’t imagine a world without you. Though my butt probably could…
4. For tryptophans in turkey. This is the amino acid that makes you sleepy after your big family dinner. In my family, nap time is met with scorn, so I like that I can blame my rogue napping ways on turkey. Once a year I can snooze without being jarred away with questions like, “Shouldn’t you be out cleaning your garage or mopping your driveway?”
5. I’m thankful they didn’t have Teen Vogue when I was a kid. I pick up the mag now for research for my new series, and let me just say it celebrates fashion, excess, and anorexia. While I celebrate fajitas…
6. The writer’s strike. I don’t really get to watch TV anymore anyway, though I love it so. Now everyone gets to join in the misery of life without doses of television. And you people wonder why I’m crabby all the time? Feel my pain!
7. I’m grateful Oprah’s Favorite Things episode was today, and once again, I wasn’t on it. I simply couldn’t store all that cool, free stuff. But…ONE DAY, OPRAH WINFREY!!! ONE DAY!!!
8. I’m thankful I don’t have school. And for my students reading this: No, I won’t miss you. I’ll see your faces soon enough. And if you see me shopping on Black Friday, you are to walk the other way and pretend you never saw me. Unless you’re buying me a gift. Then I’d be glad to talk to you.
9. I’m appreciative of the fact that a local store is opening at four a.m. for Friday’s shopping, but I won’t be a part of it. I’m taking a stand. NO. The only people up at four a.m. are third shift workers and crack dealers.
10. I’m thankful you stop by my blog throughout the week! (Awwwww…..) One day I will reward you with something to say that’s actually significant and meaningful. But that’s a long way off. Like 2048 or something.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
You might also like
|Thankful Congrats to Jenny, who recommended I read Her Mother’s Hope by Francine Rivers. Jenny has won the...||Talkin’ Turkey On this day after Thanksgiving, I'm gonna be oh-so original and share with you what I am thankful for. 1....||Give Thanks Thank you so much for allll your feedback on the book covers for the third book in A Charmed Life series,...||Well. . .I Had A Good Day Congrats to Catrina!! You've won a free copy of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do. Just email me with your home...|