It’s Your American Duty to Vote

First of all, I want to announce the winners of Who Made You a Princess? They are…Razorback Micah (which is nice, especially since I ripped off material from her blog), Colene, patron saint of stray cats, and Nicole P, super cool blog reader. Ladies, send me your home addy to jen at jennybjones dot com. You will get your books from the publisher, so you won’t be grandmothers before they arrive. Congrats!!!!

So in the continuing saga of the book cover for I’m So Sure, book no. 2 in A Charmed Life series, the great folks at T-Nel really took your opinions to heart and created a third option for your consideration. We would love for you to weigh in on which is your fave once again. Any info you can provide–what you like about your choice, what you don’t like about the ones that you didn’t choose, etc. will all be so very helpful.

Just to review, here is the cover for the book already out, So Not Happening.

finalsonothappeningfinal1

Also here is the back cover of the book, just in case you don’t have it memorized yet.

First, her family is chosen for a reality TV show, then she’s forced to get a part-time job at a feminine hygiene plant. Bella tries to press STOP before she totally loses her cool.

Bella Kirkwood is finally situated in her new hometown, but she’s not ready for the whirlwind of randomness that takes place next. When her stepdad enters a new wrestling reality show, Bella is pulled along for the ride as her life goes on display for all the world to see. When the cameras roll, Bella must solve a prom-queen mystery, deal with her returning ex-boyfriend, and keep her cool as she works alongside the hot but irritating newspaper editor Luke Sullivan.

Who needs TV when you’re living the charmed life?

Option A: The newest cover idea

im-so-sure-cover-3
Option B: The cow has come home

1595545425
Option C: The pig takes the crown?
SoSureNew1

Okay, I must go take a steroid or an antibiotic or throw myself in front of rush hour traffic. Whichever comes first. Two weekends ago, my friend Leslie and I went and picked wild blackberries. You KNOW Murphy’s Law is gonna kick you in the knickers when the day starts off like this:
Friend: “I don’t know what poison ivy looks like. Do you?”
Me: “Nope.”
And then I hear the score from I Know What You Did Last Summer in my head and KNOW we are somehow, some way doomed. And sure enough, we were. The poison ivy showed up a week later. (How is that even possible? Poison ivy is one of those things that would survive a nuclear holocaust, isn’t it? I guess roaches need something to keep them company.)  And on top of that, I guess I got bit by something and had a weird allergic reaction resulting in funky skin, hives, more itching (cuz the poison ivy wasn’t NEARLY enough), and a pressing, yet impossible desire not to wear pants given its location. (Waistline. JUST the waistline)

It all started going south last week when I noticed these two small fang marks on my hip. Not cool fang marks like I had met up with Edward Cullen. More like it appeared I had been bitten by something smaller–like a vampire’s poodle. So when my little bite was nothing more than a few marks, a couple of nice people instructed me to go to the doctor pronto. It could be a black widow. It could be a brown recluse. It could be MRSA (Google THAT and just try not freaking out), it could be staph (Ditto on Googling. Ditto on the freaking).  And people told me about untreated side effects like rotting flesh, fever, fainting, amputation (my personal favorite, who DOESN’T like a good amputation story?), and dementia. And I meant to go to the doctor. I did. But I had things I had to get done, and the flesh and brain rot were gonna have to wait.

So fast forward a few more days, and things were worse, but just in the hivey sense (isn’t this FASCINATING?). I was happy to report I still had my mental wherewithal and the leg below my jacked up hip gave no signs of requiring amputation. I finally made an appointment and got in to the dr’s office in a few hours. I think this was Monday. I’m not sure because when your life has diminished to nothing but rash stories, it all becomes a blur. Anyway, so I don’t get a doctor. I get a physicians assistant. And a sick one, on top of that, who didn’t know that you’re supposed to cough into your elbow, and it’s no longer acceptable to cough into your hands, especially when those hands are next going to land on my plagued skin. But I digress. . . I show her the fang marks. And she’s like “Hmmmm…I guess a bug bit you.” I said something sweet in response when in my head, I’m like, ” I waited forty-five minutes for THIS?”  And then I ask if it could be a spider. She tells me she doesn’t know. I say, “But there are fang marks.” To which she replies….”Uh huh.” And then we talk a bit more about it–allergic reaction, I can keep the leg, blah, blah. And then I show her my arm and say, “Is this poison ivy?” She looks. “Probably. Yeah. I guess. Maybe.” Maybe? Lady, I pulled pictures up on the internet within seconds of Googling, and it could not be any more obvious. I smile and say something friendly AGAIN, but I’m thinking, “What the CRAP? Are you insane?” And then she offers me a shot in the behind, and I want to say, “For WHAT? You don’t even know!” I refuse the shot because parts of me already hurt, and there is no sense in offending my butt too.
And I leave.
Mad.
Frustrated.
Itchy.
And thinking, “You know, if you were a kinder person, you would have told the woman about a cool website we call WebMD. . .”

Anyway, thanks for listening to my heartbreaking rash story. The word rash has always made me giggle, but…I’m not laughing now. What WOULD make me happy is if you would give the book covers some thought and tell us what you think. And details are good. We like details.

See you Friday. If I make it.

Jen

You might also like

But Remember, We’re All Winners Congrats to the winners of So Over My Head. We had such a great response to the week's question, that...
Cover Confessions, Book Giveaway…But No Haggis Don't forget, I'm giving away THREE COPIES (not a stingy one copy!) of Who Made You A Princess by Shelley...
Help Us Choose a Title! Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian friends! Eat some turkey and take a nap for me! It's time to put...
And the Winner Is… GREAT response for the book drawing! So cool. The winners are... Patty, Natasha, and Dani! And for kicks,...
21 comments

21 Comments so far

1. Colene July 22nd, 2009 7:10 pm

hey awesome! i dont win things. you must be lucky. now can you take your rashy self over to Carnival Cruise line headquarters and breath on all the right people for me.
    hope you feel better soon. im sorry you are having a rough time.

2. Melodie July 22nd, 2009 7:29 pm

Ouuuch. No fun. Maybe you were attacked by a vampire bat while you slept? I heard there are some in the Amazon rainforest that can have 6 foot wingspans, and eat mammal flesh. Though they’re actually called Vampirum spectrum or something, not vampire bats.
    My continued input on the covers: Option B. What can I say, I like the cow, reminds me of a Purple Cow milkshake.
    But augh! The first one? I feel like that pig is stalking me…like one of those books where you have to find the monkey hidden on each page, or whatever.

3. Tammy July 22nd, 2009 8:05 pm

I am so sorry about your week, it doesnt sound like you had fun at all! I totally know how you feel about the doctors. I refuse to go to them. I also dont believe in shots, i once slapped a nurse for trying to give me one(true story. lol)
    anyways i hope you feel better soon!! :)

4. Tammy July 22nd, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh and i forgot to tell you that i believe you should go with Option A for the cover! You get the best of both worlds (go hannah montana!) with both the cow and the pig!! i love it! very adorable!

5. Lauren July 22nd, 2009 8:22 pm

BTW, i’m canadian! But i think the pig with the baloons in the background would be cute!
    OH MY GOODNESS! you’ve sure had a fun week! Get better, and try not freak out! I feel really bad, but i was laughing when i was reading your blog. It’s just kinda like “wow, could this get any worse?” and, BANG, it did! Its kinda funny…Not for you though.
    I like Oinkers with baloons in the background.

6. Missa July 22nd, 2009 9:46 pm

I love option A I think its great! A pig and a cow can it get any better? No i dont think so, but I could be wrong. Anyways I love it!

7. Jenny July 23rd, 2009 12:20 am

Love both of the covers with the cows on them, but I think I’d like to see a cow who has learned proper manners and keeps her tongue in her mouth. ;)

Sorry to hear of your medical trials. Hope you’re on the mend soon.

8. hannah July 23rd, 2009 8:12 am

I like the cow and the pig. It’s super cool. :) One time, my sister got a shot, and her arm swelled up twice the size!!! I’m serious, she couldn’t move it for a week, then she had to get a shot on her finger and it turned black and blue :( She hates shots because her body can’t take ‘em. But seriously, I like the pig and the cow.

9. CC July 23rd, 2009 8:24 am

Hey JBJ! Of the cover three choices, I would go with option B. If you put the pig on this one, you are basically locking yourself in to having it on the rest of the series. Which could get old. It also might be giving more attention to the pig than necessary–especially if it doesn’t play a role in the book(s).

Also, option B fills up the space and doesn’t look empty like the other two. The cow’s expression fits the title–reminds me a teenager girl flahsing the “whatever” look to her mom’s back right after her mom tells her that no, she can’t stay out until 2 am, and she doesn’t care if Amy is allowed to(who hasn’t been there, right?).

On the flip side, if I didn’t read your blog, I might not ever pick up one of these books by the cover. I’m a huge YA reader, but farm animals just seem too cutesy. But that could just be me.

Also, sorry for the crap week you’re having…but thanks for sharing. I’m glad you can at least poke fun if not laugh about it. ;)

10. CC July 23rd, 2009 8:25 am

oops! I meant “three cover choices” !

11. hannah July 23rd, 2009 11:44 am

ouch! that sounds painful. well out of the charmed life covers i think the cow is good, but you should have the cow, not so up close and then have it wear high heels. that would be cute!

in 7th grade, i got bit by a spider in the face, while i was sleeping. it swelled up and i had to go to school like that. so embarrassing!

12. heather July 23rd, 2009 12:08 pm

I like option b. Something about the balloons makes me happy! And I’m sorry you’re still suffering from the rash/bug bite. I do hope it clears up soon!

13. sherry July 23rd, 2009 1:41 pm

Hope you get better real soon!!! Sorry to hear of your struggles.

14. Hannah July 23rd, 2009 2:29 pm

Ouuuch. But…LOL at the naive physician’s assistant. You should’ve told her about WebMD, even though that website plagues my worst nightmares. I just have to browse and I think I’ve contracted a billion diseases and will die tomorrow.

Saw an Oprah episode on MRSA. Scared the living daylights out of me. I’m never (ever) going to a football game.

I like option B — that cow’s too cute to have to share space with the pig.

15. Natalie July 23rd, 2009 9:58 pm

Gah! WebMD is no good. I went on there to see what might be causing my random stomach pain once. I immediately went to the doctor convinced I was dying. Seriously, the site might as well have flashed a skull and crossbones as soon as I clicked onto it. I’m too much of a hypochondriac as it is. I can’t go there. That’s also why I can’t watch the show House – I start to think I have ever disease they talk about. On the Poison Ivy: my mom says “leaves of three let it be” but that doesn’t really help me. All the plants still look the same. Which cover did you pick?

16. Nicole P. July 24th, 2009 12:04 am

Ah! Thank you so much! :)

I like Option A, minus the pig. I really like the cow and the layout–there’s just enough room for everything with it being overpowering or too spacey. Not crazy about the pig’s reappearance.

Yikes, the poison ivy sounds terrible! When I get to heaven, I’ll ask God, on your behalf, why He made poison ivy. And spiders with fangs. :)

17. hannah July 24th, 2009 2:13 pm

facebook is calling my name. yet another of my friends have one. when i ask my dad for one he says the usual: “if all your friends jumped off a cliff would you?”

well it depends whats at the bottom of the cliff.

(hopefully a trampoline)

18. Heather aka Dynamic Uno July 24th, 2009 4:57 pm

Definitely cover B with the cow.

I’m sorry you’ve had a horrible weeek. On the bright side, maybe you’ll develop super powers and get to wear sweats to work! :)

19. Katie July 24th, 2009 9:20 pm

I really like cover C. It looks like the cover from your first book in the series, but just a little different.

20. Alexandra July 28th, 2009 5:44 pm

ooooohhhhhh COVER B!! COVER B!

21. Sheila July 28th, 2009 5:46 pm

I think the cow is a much better option than the pig.
    My vote is for the cover with the cow

Rss Feed Tweeter button Facebook button