Wednesday already?

1595548513
Okay, I have no post. Nothing prepared to discuss at all. Because my work week started on a Tuesday, which was a Monday, but it was really a Tuesday, which clearly made today a Thursday. And Wednesday? It got eaten.

I don’t watch The Office because I’m not cool enough. I really struggle with this. You have NO IDEA how many people suggest this show to me. In fact, people usually just start a conversation with me about it, assuming I watch it. I don’t. I do think it’s funny, and I’ve seen multiple episodes. But 1. It’s often uncomfortable. I don’t deal well with awkward situations. Even fictional ones. Meet the Fockers was one of the most traumatizing movies I’ve ever endured.  2. It’s slow with LOTS of excessive pausing. 3. There kinda isn’t a plot. I want to be cool enough to love this show because there are such great quotes from it, and it is awesome, quirky writing, but I can’t do it.

All that to say, there are a few names being tossed around for Steve Carrell’s job, and I really want Rhys Darby, of Flight of the Conchords, to get this job. He has awkward cinched. He eats it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Mary from Giving Up On Perfect is giving away some books, including Just Between You and Me. You can check that out HERE. I love the title of her blog. I’ve given up on perfect too. I’ll probably remind myself of this tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off at 4:30 a.m. . .

My friend Snow Loving Holly has talked me into getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to work out. I don’t know if I can get up that early. And if I do, I don’t know that our friendship can stand the test of my pre-6:30 morning attitude. Or the hair. I must know…what is your workout regiment? Morning? Noon? Evening? Never? Weights? Cardio? Nothing more than lifting a box of Twinkies? Please inspire me with your calorie burning bragging.  I just ordered P90X myself.  I have a feeling it’s gonna make a great coaster.

Back to school for me. More meetings today. And the next day. And the next. Right through Saturday. I HAVE TEACHER INSERVICE ON SATURDAY!!!!!! It’s a mad, mad world. (This would be the same world where it’s okay for 65 year old Rod Stewart to have a pregnant wife.)

Back to my meetings. Have a great Thursday Wednesday.

You might also like

I’m In A Snow Depression Here's our first snow! Can you see all the flakes?OF COURSE YOU CAN'T!!!!I think the weathermen out there...
What a Week. . . Already! Day two at work without any email. That's right--can you imagine? It's been sheer torture. So we're all...
Big Summer Extravaganza! I totally forgot to announce the winner of Lady of Bolton Hill. Congrats to Lynnet. Just email me from...
Poison Ivy is Not My Friend We interrupt this blog to tell you that I had a little tango with poison ivy and a biting mystery bug....
14 comments

14 Comments so far

1. Christy August 11th, 2010 8:16 am

Good luck on the P90X. I did it for awhile. Survival of the fittest. Alas, I had wimpy arms and eventually couldn’t pull myself up on the chin-up bar. (You did buy one of those doorframe ones right??) I failed P90X. But am I one to give up? NO! So now I have “Insanity”. Sure you have seen that infomercial as well. I keep looking at it on my nightstand every night but that is as far as I have gone with it. I haven’t even watched it with my bowl of popcorn yet. People say it is harder than P90X. What was I thinking???

2. Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect August 11th, 2010 9:17 am

Well, we’re new friends, so I guess it’s not THAT weird that you just asked me what I do to work out. :) Kidding. Here’s what I do: I buy and/or check out from the library aerobic DVDs. Then I set my alarm to get up ridiculously early. Then I hit snooze a LOT and feel guilty. (a LOT)

And then I wonder why I can’t lose weight!

Okay. Seriously, I’ve had friends do the P90X and the Insanity videos. They blow me AWAY. They are awesome. And WAY stronger than me!!! :)

Anyway. Thank you for the link. Check back on Saturday, because I’m doing a full review!

3. Olivia August 11th, 2010 9:23 am

Ummm Channel Surfing, if that was in the summer Olympics I’d have 3 gold medals to show off. And Reading, exercises the eyes.
    Lol,
    Liv

4. Natalie August 11th, 2010 10:52 am

I know this is not as cool as P90x, but I’ve been doing Walk Away the Pounds for a month now and I’m really impressed with it! I have major back problems so I always get frustrated when I buy new DVD’s and can’t do 90% of the exercises. The DVD I got is low impact. I started with the one mile, which definitely tuckered me out but it wasn’t hard to understand (and it didn’t make me a grouch for the rest of the day). Now I’ve moved up to the 2 mile. I’ve been doing the 2 mile most days, alternating with the 1 mile when I’m too lazy to do the other. The leader gets a little chirpy, but otherwise it’s a good workout. I think it would be a fun DVD to do with other people too.

5. Katy August 11th, 2010 1:52 pm

My soccer coach did P90X and she was insanely fit afterwards. She then bought Insanity (which is the next step up after P90X) and made it through almost half of it and hasn’t done it since :)

Personally, I go to soccer practice and my coach makes me sweat to death. Let me tell you- it is the most fun anyone could ever pay to do ;)

6. Kristin August 11th, 2010 3:29 pm

My workout regiment consists of walking on our old treadmill for 30 minutes (1.5 miles) whenever I feel like going on a health kick. Or whenever I feel the need to walk off the large bowl of ice cream I just ate. Which basically equals out to about 3 times a year.

I have never understood it when people talk about how exercising gives them so much energy and gets them excited and how much they look foward to it. It just makes my knees feel weak. And not in a good way.

7. Mattie August 11th, 2010 5:55 pm

I swim.

It’s a great way to burn calories, even if you just swim a few laps in the pool. Swimming is one of the hardest sports ’cause you use most of the muscles your body.

I do it for school and for a club team and it’s a awesome way to work out!

8. Jess August 11th, 2010 9:45 pm

I have discovered the BEST workout in the ENTIRE world!! I am absolutely addicted to Zumba. I have been doing it for almost 2 years now. You can burn anywhere between 500 and 1000 calories in one hour and it feels like only 10 minutes have gone by! It is a latin infused dance workout. You feel like a complete IDIOT the first two or three classes because everyone seems to know what they are doing and everyone else looks like they are actually coordinated. But by your 3rd class, you look like a pro! Go ahead and google it, you know you want to. I just have a small disclaimer that I do not look anywhere near as sexy as those ladies on the video do. Our teacher is a christian and throws in some amazing christian music too!!
    For the days that I can’t make it Zumba ( I have 2 young kiddos at home and a hubby who commutes to work and travels quite a bit at times), I do my eliptical for 50 minutes or some random video that I have found for that day!

9. Jenny B. Jones August 11th, 2010 9:57 pm

Christy, basically anything w/weights I give up on. i’m the worst. I’ve heard Insanity is for those who’ve graduated from P90x, so I’ll never even touch that one. And pull up bar? BAH! (did you get that?)

Mary, I used to do aerobic videos faithfully for years. Now I abstain from them faithfully.

Natalie, I’ve done those videos too. Whatshername is a Christian. She is super perky.

Jess, I’ve done Zumba! It is so fun. My good friend Salle teaches it. I just need her to teach it closer to where I live.

Katy and Mattie, that’s totally the secret–doing something you love so it’s not work.

Olivia, sounds good to me! My kind of exercise.

Kristin, it would be great if exercise came in a pill. Take two with sweet tea and a Twinkie.

10. Kim August 11th, 2010 10:28 pm

sign me up for the pill, sweet tea and twinkie:)

11. Tammy August 12th, 2010 1:05 pm

I work out for about 30 mins each day, which includes weights, cardio and working my abs. I hate working out so much but i just keep telling myself that this is going to make you look and feel grate! I usally will either do it in mornings at like 10 or in like the afternoon at like 3, it just depends….I honestly dont know why and how some people like working out!! It like completely confuses me lol

12. Tammy August 12th, 2010 1:07 pm

Oh and of course I try and eat as healthy as i can, which isnt to hard for me because my mom is really into the whole heath foods thing! It def helps eating healthy though…keeps off the pounds!! lol

13. Alana August 19th, 2010 4:14 am

Hi! Just wanted to let you know…I harbor the same feelings towards The Office that you do….seems like ALL my best friends watch it…I watched the first season (on dvd borrowed from a friend)..and it was funny, but I couldn’t REALLY get into it…and they keep saying “that’s what she said” at work, and I am like, “huh?” But anyways, ahhhhh my life long struggle with the workout routine. Please don’t laugh, but I find that Richard Simmons videos work AT TIMES for me. They are scary, but the music is hopping and it gets me me moving rather than sitting. I’ve been struggling with a daily craving for Twinkies myself…love the things. Give me Twinkies or give me green olives I say. It’s SO hard to stay motivated….I use the words “I’ll start tomorrow….or exercise more tomorrow..” probably more than anyone on this planet. My super fit friend suggested finding something you enjoy…but I haven’t found anything I’ve enjoyed more than eating, hanging out with friends, reading, watching movies, and seeing concerts when it comes to exercise…how do I find time to fit that in, I ask myself???

14. Sarah May 13th, 2011 7:31 am

Well my mom got p90x so did my cuz and her boyfriend and they got surprisingly fit… my mom sorta stooped on the middle but I still love her and it was really only b/c she didn’t have enough time to fit it in
    Me on the other hand I’m on track :) and regular sibling duty ;) enough said

Rss Feed Tweeter button Facebook button