A Quick Hello

51gUVtmRU7L._SL500_AA300_

Still writing like a fiend and not back to regular blogging for the week, but I wanted to share my new cover of There You’ll Find Me, my fall YA. A reader found it for me out there, so since it’s gone all Amazony, I’m sharing it with you. I know there’s a lot of hand-holding out there in Coverville, but I don’t care. I love this cover so much. It’s so ready for its closeup. Thomas Nelson did a great job with it, and I’m so proud. The book releases in October. What do you think?!

Natalie Lloyd (update: link fixed!) and I are still chatting books, bacon, music, and giveaways on her blog. I don’t know that anyone is more fun to blog chat with than Natalie. Doesn’t she feel just like a friend to you? It’s like you’re sitting there gossiping with your mochas and People magazines in the cushy chairs in Barnes and Noble. Well, I’d be there with my hot chocolate. Because I’m not yet old enough to drink coffee. . .

I had something else to tell you, but darn if I can remember what it is. Here are some random thoughts that were not what I was going to tell you.

1. My friend Sheila has confirmed that Charlie Sheen is bipolar. And I concur she is indeed correct. I think we’re almost at the Britney Spears point where it’s not cool to make fun of him anymore. The man may be a narcissistic jerk face, but he has no control of his brain anymore. He is stuck in manic mode and it’s bad. It’s real bad, y’all.

2. Oscars…now that we can make fun of. What the heck was that train wreck? No, not a train wreck. Train wrecks are too cool. More like a wreck of Ford Tauruses. A wreck of Priuses. A wreck of your grandma’s 1989 Buick. BAD. I think James Franco still thinks he’s Harry Osbourn from Spiderman. I think when he goes to bed at night, his eyes glow.

3. Kudos to THIS GUY who got in touch with his inner girl and read Save the Date. One of my favorite reviews.

4. Is it a coincidence that Tuesday was not only Free Pancake Day at IHOP but also the day before Dr. Seuss’s birthday? I think not. Oh, the places you will go…like to get a rooty tooty fresh and fruity.  (Edit: originally I had been told Tuesday was Dr. S’s birthday. Which made the original version of that comment a whole lot cooler. But I couldn’t totally delete it because I so wanted to use the words rooty tooty.)

5. So happy for King’s Speech winning at Lame Oscars. And so happy for Mr. Darcy winning Best Actor at Lame Oscars. I don’t know if Natalie Portman’s win was a good pick because I haven’t seen Black Swan, as I’m afraid of movies involving skinny girls, toe dancing, and feathers.  (Note: I want to say again, if you are avoiding watching King’s Speech because of R rating, SEE IT. It’s rated G (as in G for Billy Graham) except for 2 minutes of cursing, including one F bomb, which I promise serves a purpose, though I know that sounds unbelievable. My students try to convince me cussing serves a purpose all the time, so I know these tricks. And just as soon as one of them is a future King who needs to know his speech is not permanently disabled, I’m going to buy this excuse.

Have a good week. I’ll see you at Southern Belle View on Friday.

You might also like

A Quick Pre-New Year’s Post I need to make this quick because it's almost New Year's. And that means I have to get some resolutions...
Elvis Ain’t Here Either Happy Friday! What a week, eh? But can you believe how fast February has gone? It's crazy. But I'm so...
Thankful Congrats to Jenny, who recommended I read Her Mother’s Hope by Francine Rivers. Jenny has won the...
Where’s My Pool Boy? I just wanted to pop in to let you know I'm taking a blogging vay-kay this week. I will return March...
24 comments

24 Comments so far

1. Rel Mollet March 2nd, 2011 4:27 am

Fabo post, Jen!

Plenty of cover love from me. Gumboots get me every time – LOL!

I agree on the lamo Oscars – I mean, really, Christian Bale over our Geoffrey Rush?! And it looked like Christian took Geoffrey’s hair and plastered it in a strange way on his face!

My 13 year old’s response to There You’ll Find Me. “Sounds really good, mum, but serious stuff!”

Love and hugs

2. Katie March 2nd, 2011 6:36 am

I’m so in love with that cover. Especially her boots. I really like them.

3. Kristin March 2nd, 2011 7:03 am

I love the cover! Can’t wait to read it. =)

I was also really glad that “The King’s Speech” won. And Colin Firth. I’m one of those who hasn’t seen the movie yet because swearing is one of my pet peeves, but I will definitely be seeing it. I’m not sure yet whether I’ll wait for the DVD or go see the new PG-13 version.

4. Jenny March 2nd, 2011 7:50 am

I love the font as much as the pic on the cover. Very nice indeed!

As for your man reviewer – I think you had him at sci-fi (read his bio), but he just didn’t say that.

5. Ruth March 2nd, 2011 8:04 am

Congrats on the gorgeous cover – love the boots! :) And the only thing that made me happy about the Oscars was The King’s Speech and Colin Firth taking top prizes. Now the DVD needs to hurry up and come out so I can watch it again!

6. GreenBeanTeenQueen March 2nd, 2011 11:17 am

LOVE the cover-but you knew that!:) And Today, March 2, is Dr. Seuss’s b-day, so you were right.

7. Amy March 2nd, 2011 2:14 pm

I really like the cover for the new book…can’t wait to read it!

8. Hannah March 2nd, 2011 2:20 pm

i LOVE the cover! That is one of the cutest covers I have seen, EVER. I really can’t wait until the book comes out! :D

HAHA! The black swan thing made me laugh! xD but I agree, that movie looked slightly creepy.. take that back, really creepy. it seems like they want such an original movie that their doing it by making ballet horror movie… of course I’ve only seen the trailers…

9. Ashley Mays March 2nd, 2011 2:21 pm

WOW! That cover is beautiful. The font alone almost deserves its own frame…

10. Tonya March 2nd, 2011 2:54 pm

I do love the cover :)
    Can you give us a tease as to what it’s about?

11. Amy March 2nd, 2011 2:56 pm

Oh, yeah, I forgot that I wanted to comment on the Charlie Sheen sitch. I agree with you and Sheila–he is definitely in the manic stage of bipolar disorder (or maybe schizoid affect disorder). I wonder how many of these celebrities turn to drugs instead of mental health care…remember the Tom Cruise incidents? His scientology beliefs wouldn’t allow him to take meds for his bipolar disorder (I really believe he’s bipolar, too.)

I’ve never really cared for Charlie Sheen, but it is sad to see him displaying his crazy for the whole world to see. I hope he gets the treatment he needs, not only for his sake, but for the sake of his children.

12. Mattie March 2nd, 2011 9:19 pm

I love the cover! I can’t wait to read the book :)

13. Lori March 2nd, 2011 9:48 pm

Love the cover, can’t wait to read it!!!

14. Catrina March 3rd, 2011 11:10 am

I Absolutely Love that cover!!! So Cute! I can’t wait to read it!!!

15. Mary March 3rd, 2011 11:29 am

OK, I know this is completely redundant, but my daughter said I had to comment so that the publisher or whoever is in charge of the book covers would know that the masses (me included) LOVE THE COVER! also as a side note, love the review by the dude. :)

16. Allie Smith March 3rd, 2011 9:52 pm

omw,i looove the cover for there you’ll find me,it looks way cute!how can you not wanna buy a book where the gurl is wearin rain boots?it just beggs to be bought and enjoyed.
    thats so cool that a GUY read save the date!i always said your books are for everyone.i’ve added that guys blog thing to my favs.
    oh and i asked my rents if i could see the king’s speech,and the were like,”well idk allie,its rated R.” then i came back with,”well,jenny b. jones said…”
    and now its at the top of our “must see” list!!!
    thanks,jenny!!!

17. Jenny B. Jones March 3rd, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh, gosh, Allie. Do ear muffs during that one scene so your parents won’t hate me.

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments on the cover. I think it’s the best yet, and TN did a bang-up job. Honestly, I’ve been wanting rain boots on one of my covers for EVER!

18. Anne March 3rd, 2011 10:40 pm

LOVED your interview!! You two are hilarious. However, I found it on my own because the link’s address is wrong – it’s natalielloyd.blogspot.com, not http://www.natalielloydblogspot.com . Just letting you know so that more people can see it! It rocked.

19. Anne March 3rd, 2011 10:41 pm

(please delete my previous post and publish this one, where the right link appears! :)

LOVED your interview!! You two are hilarious. However, I found it on my own because the link’s address is wrong – it’s http://natalielloyd.blogspot.com. Just letting you know so that more people can see it! It rocked.

20. Leah March 4th, 2011 10:51 am

I LOVE the cover Jenny!!
    I cant wait to read it!!!!!

21. Liv March 4th, 2011 10:27 pm

I just read ‘Save the Date’ two times in a row. I have a Nook ( by Barnes and Noble.)(and it’s the BEST thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I bought the EBook version. I bookmarked all my fave places…I think I might’ve bookmarked every page…:)

22. Jason Joyner March 7th, 2011 11:25 am

From the “Man Reviewer”

Thanks for the guy card back. My wallet was feeling light! Thanks also for the kind link – I had some good traffic over the weekend.

I finished Save the Date and really enjoyed it. Good writing is good writing, and I don’t really care the genre if the writing resonates with me. Now, the fact that Lucy was such a geek fangirl didn’t hurt at all…

My question is – when is the movie going to be made? It is begging for a screenplay treatment with actors who can nail the witty banter (thinking a blonde Alexis Bledel).

Keep up the good work, and I’ll recommend your books to my nieces (my nephews? not confident enough in their manhood I’m afraid…)

23. Kyra Provost March 8th, 2011 4:54 pm

OH MY GOLLY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!:D I CANNOT WAIT!!! Alll your books are AMAZIIINGG:D <3 The cover is soooo cutee;) is there going to be a summary coming out soom??? ;) And is this book young adult mainly targeted such as the Charmed Life Series/Katie Parker Productions, or is it going to be more of an adult fiction like Just Between You and Me or Save the Date? Well either way I'm BUYING IT;D <3

24. Liv March 8th, 2011 5:25 pm

I am SOOO excited to read it. The cover looks great!!! One problem…It comes out in October…NOT NOW!!! :-)

Olivia