My Favorite Facebook Day of the Year

1066412_birthday_muffinSo today is my birthday. When you get older, these things kinda creep up on you. Last night I got an early “woohoo, it’s your birthday” on Facebook, and I was like, “Oh. I guess tomorrow is my birthday.” So happy 29th-ish to me. So far I have celebrated my birthday week by:

1. Spending 5 hours getting tax junk together.
2. Taking tax junk to accountant. I have a super nice accountant, but for some reason I dread this appointment every year, and I always feel like I’m in the principal’s office. If you don’t know what that feeling is like, you haven’t lived.
3. Buying professional hair color
4. Mixing professional hair color
5. Getting very unprofessional hair color results.
6. Doctoring up scary color (pale red roots with the other 90 percent black, thankyouverymuch) with Miss Clairol.
7. Making promise to the Lord I will name my first born Miss Clairol.
8. Getting up at 4:30 this morning while I should’ve been dreaming of cake
9. Yelling at alarm.
10. Working out at unholy hour because fat cells like to tag team girls beyond, ahem, 25.
11. Going out to eat with my sweet mother
12. Lunch with my dad and stepmom
13. Family dinner where I pick the menu and my brother reminds me this is the anniversary of when his four-year old life got ruined.
14. Mellow Mushroom and movie with friends
15. Dinner and movie with another friend
16. Buying new stretchy pants to accommodate all the dinner and movies.
17. Reflecting on deep life moments. “Why did I color my own hair?”

On this day of deep thoughts (I’ve inhaled a lot of ammonia tonight, see items 3-7), I just wanted to tell you I’m very, very grateful for my blog friends. Y’all are awesome. I don’t care what everyone else says about you…

See you Friday!

You might also like

Win A Book. Wurd. Well, I was going to post a picture of the cover of The Big Picture, but WordPress won't let me, so...sigh....
Goodbye, Estelle It is a sad, sad day for America. Estelle Getty, the lovable Sophia from Golden Girls has passed away....
I’ve Known Better Blogs I know I said I'd have a fabulous blog today...but I also said I'd lay off the candy bars. Neither one...
Do You Know What B and E Stands For? It does not stand for Birthday Excellence. B and E stands for Breaking and Entering. So last Sunday...
26 comments

26 Comments so far

1. Timothy Fish March 30th, 2011 5:03 am

Happy Birthday

2. Katie March 30th, 2011 5:35 am

well then…Happy Birthday!

…psstt: we share a birthday week. in lieu of sounding too much like London Tipton from the Disney show, yay for us!

3. Kristin March 30th, 2011 6:19 am

Happpy Birthday, Jenny!

(On my brother’s birthday, I also used to remind him that my life as an only child was pretty much perfect until he came along. =)

4. Kristin March 30th, 2011 6:20 am

Wow, I got so excited I put three “p”s in “happy”! =)

5. Amy March 30th, 2011 6:40 am

Happy birthday, Jenny!!! It sounds like your week is chock full of good times! :)

Your birthday is exactly one week after mine, so now we can always turn 29ish together! Sometime we’ll have to meet in the middle and through a big party, like maybe when we turn 80!

6. Jenny March 30th, 2011 7:23 am

Happy Birthday & God’s best blessings to you in the year to come!

7. Rel Mollet March 30th, 2011 7:53 am

I’m a March baby, too but I have a few years on you!

Have a wonderful day, JBJ. Dodgy hair colour or not, I think you are fabulous :)

Love and hugs xo

8. Suzanne Schaffer March 30th, 2011 8:12 am

Rats. I’d give you a FB birthday shoutout, but this morning I decided to break from FB until May (if I can survive that long…) So I’ll Happy Birthday to you here. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JBJ! Thanks for filling our reading lives with love and laughter :)

9. Jennie March 30th, 2011 8:12 am

Happy Birthday! You are one of my favorite author’s and I love your blog. You always make me chuckle. Don’t freak out about your hair. I once died my hair red and ended up looking like Bozo the Clown!

10. Mary March 30th, 2011 9:19 am

Happy Birthday girl!! And your hair event.. well, that’s called hot root. Before my oldest decided to become a hairstylist (because her Mom needs professional hair help) – I got this alot — but I’m good with it. At least my root is HOTT (and yes, that is HOTT with two ‘t’s)

Have a great day –

11. Kim Traylor March 30th, 2011 9:25 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEN,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
    Looking forward to celebrating with you on Friday! He’s lookin at you kid:)

12. karenk March 30th, 2011 9:32 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN

I’m sure that Miss Clairol would be very proud of ‘her’ results :)

13. Evangeline Denmark March 30th, 2011 11:12 am

The fact that you think you need to work out, buy stretchy pants, and have any fat cells whatsoever makes me want to barf! But I love you anyway. Happy Birthday!

14. ashley March 30th, 2011 11:53 am

Happy Bday! May your waiter at Mellow Mushroom not be too stoned. That’s my bday wish for you.

15. Tammy C March 30th, 2011 12:01 pm

I just wished you on facebook but I also wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY on here too :) I pray you have an a amazing day and that you get tons of presents and candy! :D

16. Hannah March 30th, 2011 1:45 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

17. Liv March 30th, 2011 2:45 pm

Happy Bday, Jenny!

You don’t look a day over 21! I’ve learned that you get, ahem, privileges when you tell your mother that…jk! Hmm…
    Maybe I’ll mysteriously get an advanced copy of There You’ll Find Me in the mail. Okay, my addy is…;)

18. Ruth March 30th, 2011 7:20 pm

Happy Birthday Jenny!

19. shabbygeek March 30th, 2011 8:45 pm

Happy birthday Jen!!! You are honestly one of my favoritest Funny People On The Internet (hey, the internet is a very big place!) and I do hope you’ve had a wonderful birthday! =D

20. Sabrina March 30th, 2011 8:53 pm

Happy Birthday, Jenny! Hope your day was as fun and special as you are. :)

And thanks for making me laugh today. I spent almost an hour at Wal-Mart looking at boxed haircolor telling myself, “you can do this, you do not need to pay $60 for haircolor” Sigh, I was too afraid to buy it and now, you’ve made me even more afraid. LOL.

Thanks a lot Jenny! =)

21. Jenny B. Jones March 30th, 2011 9:03 pm

Wow, y’all, thanks for all the birthday wishes. I really appreciate it. Made my day.
    Sabrina, don’t be afraid of the kind of color you get at Wal-Mart. It’s pretty fool proof, especially if you don’t try to make your hair a different color than what it is.

Shabby, thank you so much. Your blog is a favorite of mine.

Mary, my roots said to tell you, “Why thank you.”

Happy birthday week, Katie! And Amy!

Jennie, in tenth grade I went through a Bozo hair phase too. High schoolers should not be allowed near hair color products.

22. Allie Smith March 30th, 2011 9:35 pm

Happy birthday,Jenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha,that was fun…

23. Allie Smith March 30th, 2011 9:37 pm

um idk why the “!”s went outside the box…my bad…

24. jessica March 30th, 2011 11:02 pm

Happy Birthday! It’s actually my sisters birthday today. We just finishsed celebrating. She got an Oreo cookie cake that was half icing! I don’t know why that’s important, but it sure was delicious! Anyway, Have a great b-day!

25. Sarah March 31st, 2011 8:14 pm

Happy birthday, Jenny!!! Hope your day was fantastic!

26. Andee April 1st, 2011 1:07 am

Happy belated birthday!! :) We can be birthday buddies as my birthday is also on March 30th :D

Rss Feed Tweeter button Facebook button