My Favorite Facebook Day of the Year

1066412_birthday_muffinSo today is my birthday. When you get older, these things kinda creep up on you. Last night I got an early “woohoo, it's your birthday” on Facebook, and I was like, “Oh. I guess tomorrow is my birthday.” So happy 29th-ish to me. So far I have celebrated my birthday week by:

1. Spending 5 hours getting tax junk together.
2. Taking tax junk to accountant. I have a super nice accountant, but for some reason I dread this appointment every year, and I always feel like I'm in the principal's office. If you don't know what that feeling is like, you haven't lived.
3. Buying professional hair color
4. Mixing professional hair color
5. Getting very unprofessional hair color results.
6. Doctoring up scary color (pale red roots with the other 90 percent black, thankyouverymuch) with Miss Clairol.
7. Making promise to the Lord I will name my first born Miss Clairol.
8. Getting up at 4:30 this morning while I should've been dreaming of cake
9. Yelling at alarm.
10. Working out at unholy hour because fat cells like to tag team girls beyond, ahem, 25.
11. Going out to eat with my sweet mother
12. Lunch with my dad and stepmom
13. Family dinner where I pick the menu and my brother reminds me this is the anniversary of when his four-year old life got ruined.
14. Mellow Mushroom and movie with friends
15. Dinner and movie with another friend
16. Buying new stretchy pants to accommodate all the dinner and movies.
17. Reflecting on deep life moments. “Why did I color my own hair?”

On this day of deep thoughts (I've inhaled a lot of ammonia tonight, see items 3-7), I just wanted to tell you I'm very, very grateful for my blog friends. Y'all are awesome. I don't care what everyone else says about you…

See you Friday!

Timothy Fish - March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday

Katie - March 30, 2011

well then…Happy Birthday!

…psstt: we share a birthday week. in lieu of sounding too much like London Tipton from the Disney show, yay for us!

Kristin - March 30, 2011

Happpy Birthday, Jenny!

(On my brother’s birthday, I also used to remind him that my life as an only child was pretty much perfect until he came along. =)

Kristin - March 30, 2011

Wow, I got so excited I put three “p”s in “happy”! =)

Amy - March 30, 2011

Happy birthday, Jenny!!! It sounds like your week is chock full of good times! 🙂

Your birthday is exactly one week after mine, so now we can always turn 29ish together! Sometime we’ll have to meet in the middle and through a big party, like maybe when we turn 80!

Jenny - March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday & God’s best blessings to you in the year to come!

Rel Mollet - March 30, 2011

I’m a March baby, too but I have a few years on you!

Have a wonderful day, JBJ. Dodgy hair colour or not, I think you are fabulous 🙂

Love and hugs xo

Suzanne Schaffer - March 30, 2011

Rats. I’d give you a FB birthday shoutout, but this morning I decided to break from FB until May (if I can survive that long…) So I’ll Happy Birthday to you here. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JBJ! Thanks for filling our reading lives with love and laughter 🙂

Jennie - March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday! You are one of my favorite author’s and I love your blog. You always make me chuckle. Don’t freak out about your hair. I once died my hair red and ended up looking like Bozo the Clown!

Mary - March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday girl!! And your hair event.. well, that’s called hot root. Before my oldest decided to become a hairstylist (because her Mom needs professional hair help) – I got this alot — but I’m good with it. At least my root is HOTT (and yes, that is HOTT with two ‘t’s)

Have a great day —

Kim Traylor - March 30, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEN,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
Looking forward to celebrating with you on Friday! He’s lookin at you kid:)

karenk - March 30, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN

I’m sure that Miss Clairol would be very proud of ‘her’ results 🙂

Evangeline Denmark - March 30, 2011

The fact that you think you need to work out, buy stretchy pants, and have any fat cells whatsoever makes me want to barf! But I love you anyway. Happy Birthday!

ashley - March 30, 2011

Happy Bday! May your waiter at Mellow Mushroom not be too stoned. That’s my bday wish for you.

Tammy C - March 30, 2011

I just wished you on facebook but I also wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY on here too 🙂 I pray you have an a amazing day and that you get tons of presents and candy! 😀

Hannah - March 30, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🙂

Liv - March 30, 2011

Happy Bday, Jenny!

You don’t look a day over 21! I’ve learned that you get, ahem, privileges when you tell your mother that…jk! Hmm…
Maybe I’ll mysteriously get an advanced copy of There You’ll Find Me in the mail. Okay, my addy is…;)

Ruth - March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Jenny!

shabbygeek - March 30, 2011

Happy birthday Jen!!! You are honestly one of my favoritest Funny People On The Internet (hey, the internet is a very big place!) and I do hope you’ve had a wonderful birthday! =D

Sabrina - March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jenny! Hope your day was as fun and special as you are. 🙂

And thanks for making me laugh today. I spent almost an hour at Wal-Mart looking at boxed haircolor telling myself, “you can do this, you do not need to pay $60 for haircolor” Sigh, I was too afraid to buy it and now, you’ve made me even more afraid. LOL.

Thanks a lot Jenny! =)

Jenny B Jones - March 30, 2011

Wow, y’all, thanks for all the birthday wishes. I really appreciate it. Made my day.
Sabrina, don’t be afraid of the kind of color you get at Wal-Mart. It’s pretty fool proof, especially if you don’t try to make your hair a different color than what it is.

Shabby, thank you so much. Your blog is a favorite of mine.

Mary, my roots said to tell you, “Why thank you.”

Happy birthday week, Katie! And Amy!

Jennie, in tenth grade I went through a Bozo hair phase too. High schoolers should not be allowed near hair color products.

Allie Smith - March 30, 2011

Happy birthday,Jenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha,that was fun…

Allie Smith - March 30, 2011

um idk why the “!”s went outside the box…my bad…

jessica - March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday! It’s actually my sisters birthday today. We just finishsed celebrating. She got an Oreo cookie cake that was half icing! I don’t know why that’s important, but it sure was delicious! Anyway, Have a great b-day!

Sarah - March 31, 2011

Happy birthday, Jenny!!! Hope your day was fantastic!

Andee - April 1, 2011

Happy belated birthday!! 🙂 We can be birthday buddies as my birthday is also on March 30th 😀