IMG_0590

I have a friend. We’ll call her Carla. (Name changed to protect the animal-disliking)
She does not like cats. She doesn’t really like dogs either.
I swear she’s still a good person though.

So she dislikes cats.

Read this email I received from her last night.

Some of the church girls had a get together tonight, so Ali rode with me. I dropped her off just a few min ago.
Drive home. Put the car in park. Look down.
And there’s a freaking cat INSIDE of my van staring at me!
I screamed and jumped out, looking like a ninja, and run and jump on the back of the van…I guess I thought it would attack me?
It finally runs under the truck, so I sprint in the house and my husband asks me if I’m drunk!

I’m convinced cats are out to kill me now.
Turns out it was Ali’s cat. Apparently it has a hitchhiking problem because it’s always getting in her neighbor’s car. Freaky cats!!!

Can you top that?

You might also like

Big Booties and Bailouts Did you know new research is out that says if you lean towards a big butt (has to be your own...not someone...
Siamese Twins, Rotten Pizzas, and the Goddess Who Got the Shaft It is cold and rainy out right now, and I'm craving some couch time and a good book. Even though the...
Ninth Graders Say the Darndest Things So I ask my students a "question of the day." On Monday they might have to tell me their favorite TV...
Manic Monday I have been stuck like glue to my laptop, watching every single Twitter update that pops up for updates...
12 comments

12 Comments so far

1. Kristin February 17th, 2012 7:21 am

That’s hilarious. :)

My cat was a stray, and he rode under the hood or somewhere under my aunt’s car for about 30 miles round trip (my aunt obviously did not know). Then he got off at my grandma’s, and she adopted him (we took him after she died). He had a rough start to life!

2. Kari February 17th, 2012 8:46 am

Poor, poor Carla. That just sounds terrible!

3. Katers February 17th, 2012 9:34 am

My friend also believes that cats are out to get her. She will run away from them like she’s in danger. (I think it’s hilarious!) She always brings up this story about a neighborhood cat who “stalks her from the driveway” across the street. It would be one thing if it ran after her, but she says all it does it STARE at her and it creeps her out!

hehehe

4. Jenny B. JOnes February 17th, 2012 9:46 am

Seriously, Kari, that girl probably needs some counseling. Of the fajita variety.

Katers, Carla believes the same. Those silly gals. . .

Kristin, I’m always amazed when a cat can survive a car ride on the outside of the vehicle.

5. Olivia February 17th, 2012 11:47 am

Funny!!! Love the ninja moves… check out this video:

Am I the only 1 who, after watching this went around saying ‘zip, zip, zip, zip’ for days? Lol!!!!

6. Skye February 17th, 2012 2:09 pm

I think cats are evil too, I was spending the night at a friend’s house and was walking down the stairs. When their psychotic cat jumped me. I’m pretty sure it turns into a vampire at night and was going for my throat. Anyway I threw it off me and ran screaming to my friend’s room where I stayed for the next five hours until the demon left.
    lol their so evil

7. Clare Kolenda February 17th, 2012 6:24 pm

Poor, poor Carla. I hope she had some chocolate to help her through her trauma.
    Though I haven’t had anything as traumatic happen to me, I once go over to my sister’s apartment to have a sleep over and watch some good ole’ Zac Efron. I was slouching as I sat on her couch, because I don’t have to worry about being a hunch back yet, and her cat(who is rather fat, mind you) comes up and sits right on the back of the couch practically on top of my head. It must’ve thought I was pretty comfy because it stayed there for much longer than I appreciated.
    So, I don’t know if these two incidences qualify me to have a certain level of dislike for animals, but unqualified or not, the feeling remains. :P

8. Timothy Fish February 17th, 2012 9:27 pm

Several years ago, my grand parents had a house in the city and a cabin in the country. One day, when my grandmother arrived in town, she saw a cat that was supposed to be out at the farm run out from under the car and disappear. Some time later, she made the forty mile trip back to the farm, and once again, she saw the cat run out from under the car.

But I’ve been thinking lately. Have you ever noticed on television that the guy carrying the cat is always the villain? But the guy with a dog is usually a nice guy.

9. Allie Smith February 18th, 2012 7:02 pm

That. Is. Hilarious.

10. Jenny B. Jones February 20th, 2012 6:42 pm

Timothy, that is one lucky and well-traveled cat.

11. Erin February 21st, 2012 4:29 am

My cat jumped into the bathtub last week. While it was full of water. And me. She leapt in up by my head, did two laps, stopped for awhile to try to yank the drain stopper out, and then jumped out and trailed gallons of water all over the house. She’s a complete freak.

12. Rachel Billings February 21st, 2012 3:06 pm

My cat, Oscar, liked to scale my elderly neighbor’s roof. This can lead to very bad things if the said neighbor forgets to shut their windows. One night they were lying in bed and heard a strange noise. They looked around the room and finally saw the tip top of my cats tail, bobbing passed the foot of their bed. My cat was very big and very black. I imagine the situation ended up looking a lot like that Geico panther commercial.

Rss Feed Tweeter button Facebook button