Randomosity Wednesday

Thank you so much for your feedback on the book covers. I appreciate it so much and passed it on to the good folks at Thomas Nelson.

Before I move on to interesting things, an update on the puppy. It's a long story, but Friday she went back to her original owners where she is in a dog's heaven. If I were a dog, I would walk any distance to these people's home. Tilly is now with her puppy parents, one sibling, her original human family and already spoiled.  I ended up falling totally in the love with the dog, but it was one of those things where I knew my house wasn't the better home. Besides, who wants to live with Miller the Puking Cat? So I was bummed, but that dog is living the high life.

Speaking of cats, Miller needs to take lessons from this smart one.

Did anyone catch Posh Spice in American Idol last week? I get that she is this fashion guru, but girl, step out of the self-tanner booth. The orange skin didn't really match her outfit. Or that lace underwear band she wore on her forehead.

For the first time in 60 years, someone did not leave roses and cognac on Edgar Allan Poe's grave on his birthday. Makes you wonder what happened to the mystery fan. . .

Are you guys watching Castle? This show has really grown on me. It's really evolved and gotten better. And it has Nathan Fillion, so what's not to love? Anyway, this last Monday night's episode was AWESOME and totally went in a new direction. And to make it even better, they capped it off with this song. It instantly got my attention. I was like, “I know that voice…and yet I don't.”  I Googled the lyrics and found it.

Isn't that awesome? It's Pearl Jam. I sent it to my friend Sheila, and I said, “Listen to how different he sounds.” And she says, “Eddie Vedder. Wow, he's not angry anymore.” That's it. That's exactly what's different.

Did you see what Maria Sharapova wore to the Australian Open?  Actually it was hard to notice the outfit for the words “70 million dollar contract extension with Nike” in the article. Clearly Nike needs to pay her 75 mil so she can shop somewhere besides the Army Surplus for the next match.

Good news. Breakfast burritos are now on the Dollar Menu at McDonald's. Is this part of the stimulus plan? Clearly President Obama got my letters about my ideas for things that would really help out Americans. Because Cash for Clunkers didn't do a thing for me. Now this gives me hope to wait patiently for my “Mandatory Uniform of  Sweats and Jeans for Teachers” legislation to pass.

Have a great rest of the week. See you Friday!

Shauna - January 20, 2010

I hope this means Eddie Vedder is over his Neil-Young-idolizing out-of-tune phase.

Shauna - January 20, 2010

FWIW, I like him best when he’s angry. I saw PJ live at a free concert in college just before Ten started getting huge. Angry works for Eddie.

Jenny B. Jones - January 20, 2010

Shauna, I totally had to look up FWIW. Now I will use it daily…FWIW.

Tammy - January 20, 2010

Hi Jenny!!! I love love Castle!!! It’s really funny but it also has great mysterys in it! Great cast also…although im not a huge fan of Kates hair :/ Im sadden that Tilly is no longer with you 🙁 I know that must have been a hard decision, but im sure that miller the puking cat is happy now!

~Tammy

Jenny B. Jones - January 20, 2010

Tammy, I can’t STAND Kate’s hair either. It’s usually a mullet. Monday her hair was so much better. I get that they want her to be kinda masculine, but she does a good job of that w/her personality. No need for the hairdo.

Sarah - January 20, 2010

I am very behind on Castle but I do love that show! I haven’t watched any this season, but hopefully I can get the DVDs and catch up.

Sad about the dog, but if she’s with puppy friends and family I guess it’s ok.

Colene - January 20, 2010

i <3 Pearl Jam angry or not! im sorry about puppy. its easy to love them but at least you can recognize whats better for them and yourself. im sure Miller is smug as anything though. ^_^ i have kitties for you to fill the hole if you need. heehee

Suzanne Schaffer - January 21, 2010

I love Castle too. I appreciate that it’s been clean so far and hope it stays that way. I love the chemistry between Castle and Beckett.
I agree with your opinion of Posh. She looked sickly.

Natalie - January 22, 2010

I loved Pearl Jam ten years ago. So angsty, it was great. You’re right, they aren’t angry anymore, but they are sad. Maybe they’re working through the level of grief?

I sympathize with the puppy situation. They’re a lot of work. We rescued a puppy and after 9 months, we took it back. I couldn’t handle it. My husband won’t talk to me about it even now, five years later.

jessica - February 16, 2012

Is that a joke about Becketts hair??? Seriously she looks georgous no matter what. Her hair wasn’t great in season two but it’s fantastic now and she looks amazing. Sorry, i get a little defensive when people insult Stana Katic.