Katy Perry Isn’t the Only Disaster Brewing

Raise your hand if a big snow and ice storm is barreling your way!  Meeee!

Raise your hand if you are praying the power stays on so you don't have to jump in place for warmth and read by totally unromantic candle light. Meeeee!

Okay, American Idol. WHAT the heck? I missed Avril Lavigne, but I read about it. And saw pics. Cute horned hoodie. Because devil-wear can be for special occasions too.  But Katy Psycho Perry. Omg, omg, omg, shut her up. I'm not a Kara fan, but I wanted her to wind up and punch Katy. (And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.)   It's one thing to be rude, but to be psycho rude CLEARLY for the sake of on-air conflict when you CLEARLY have no acting or improv skills…just make it go away. Like she made no sense. Again, not a fan of Kara, but I thought she handled it well in terms of her comments. Mine would've gone a little differently. Also would've involved a taser.

I told my friend Leslie, who just got married, she should renew her vows and wear THIS. Mrs. Haversham! Mrs. Haversham!

Chris Brown went to fashion week in Paris and had his picture taken with designer Jean Paul Gaultier. Unfortunately, Gaultier's theme for the show was a little too reminiscent of Brown's rap sheet.  Check it out.

I totally stole this from Green Bean Teen Queen (who has one of my favorite blogs), but I'm excited about the preview for Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

If you haven't read those books, you really need to–at least the first one. So good. And funny. And clever. And such a dead-on portrayal of a middle school boy.

This past week the internet lit up with video by a wife who captured of her husband sleep talking. Something he apparently does a lot. Because if it's funny, a simple wedding band will not get in the way of a smart lady capitalizing on it.

Have a great rest of the week. Stay warm! And if I have electricity, I'll see you Friday!

Tammy - January 27, 2010

Hiya! Yeah the guest American Idol judges sucked this week..besides tonight..I have my hopes up with Joe 😀

Sarah - January 27, 2010

I hope the Wimpy Kid movie is good. I love the books-they’re hilarious! And that dress is awful! I love the comment that she looks like Bride of Frankenstien-so true!

Jenny B. Jones - January 27, 2010

I missed Joe on AI. Hope he did better than Psycho Katy.

Sarah, the movie looks good! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Amy - January 28, 2010

I missed AI all week–Katy, Avril, Joe…so sad. I was stuck with somewhat same judges. But I did get to see my dear Kristin Chenoweth, which is what really mattered. 🙂

I interviewed Katy Perry once…when she was a Katy Hudson a teenaged Christian singer releasing her debut album. Sweetest girl EVER! Not sure what’s going on with her now.

My mom was majorly impressed that I interviewed Katy Perry (even though she wasn’t Katy Perry yet) and told all her old lady friends, half of who didn’t know who Katy Perry was.

You’re awesome, Jen! Love your funny blog. I need to read your funny books, because not only did I promise…they’re probably as awesome as you.

Evangeline Denmark - January 28, 2010

I loved that sleep-talking video. We have a friend who does it and his wife is always telling on him. Once he jumped up in their bed and started dancing around and yelling, “Lava! Lava! Get away!” Not as good as, “Badger tickling: proceed with caution.” That is hilarious!!

Emily - January 31, 2010

I Love Avril L.’s song “Fall to Pieces”, but that hoodie is so unique. And I was kinda ticked at her when she said no to the worship pastor, he had a GREAT voice!!!!! That particular episode was interesting to say the least!! Did u see the one with Joe Jonas?

ashley - February 2, 2010

ahahahahahahaha I am laughing so hard at the sleep talking clip. My friend in high school used to to just like that, so we would all stay up and ask her questions that she would never answer if she was awake!