Tammy Faye Says Hey

So Tuesday was my birthday. It was an awesome day. If you are holding out on joining Facebook, you need to jump on there just so you can get 200 “happy birthdays” on your big day. I'm thinking of changing my birthday a few times a year just so I can get all that attention more often.

A former student brought me this sweet gift without even knowing it was my birthday. She went to Chicago and brought me back a notebook from Second City, where many SNL'ers got their start. Look at her funny note.
april 2010 016

Then another student brought me the makings of S'mores. She must think I like chocolate or something. Not sure where anyone would get that idea.
april 2010 013
It says “I don't know how old you are, but in my heart you'll always be (insert age)_______.”

Then I got a bunch of great cards in the mail. Like this one from Rainbow Brite.
rainbow brite
Or this one from Mary Katherine Gallagher.
card 2
Even Tammy Faye Baker had something to say!
card 3
Sometimes you know famous people, and you're not even aware of it.I can't wait to see who I know next year. I've got my fingers crossed for George Clooney.

Speaking of Rainbow Brite, she also sent me this fun YouTube clip.

Okay, so I was searching around on Amazon for a thing that measures how much electricity is in a room. (don't ask) And somehow I found this too. A Ghost Meter. It's perfect. I might buy it for myself because this could be my year of ghost hunting. I realized I do not pursue specters and spirits enough. And I'm so glad to know there is a hand-held device to help me. Because if it was a device that involved using two hands, I would pass. But the fact that it's so portable–it's got “buy” written all over it.

I finally finished and turned in Save the Date, my next romance that will come out next winter. I am going to read, read, read. I have a lot of catching up to do.  Miller the Bulimic Cat drives me nuts during my marathon writing spells. Like right here.
march 2010 073
“You can't write? What's the problem?”

Have a great weekend!  See you Monday.

Amy - April 1, 2010

Awww…happy birthday!!!! 🙂 I’m changing my birthday to April 14, cuz March 23 didn’t work out too well this year. 🙂

Kristin - April 2, 2010

Happy (late) birthday! S’mores sound pretty perfect to me. I was a deprived child and just had my first s’more last fall.

Evangeline Denmark - April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday! And congrats on sending that book in. I can’t wait to read it.

Debra - April 2, 2010

Happy (belated) Birthday! As for George Clooney, I too have been holding out for birthday wishes from that guy. Lemme know if you do get ’em though. I’d love to hear your secret! 😉

Deb

Darria - April 3, 2010

Happy birthday! I’m a huge fan of your books and can’t possibly wait to read your new one!

ashley - April 5, 2010

that you tube video reminds me of homecoming when i was in high school… i am embarrassed to say that their dance routing totally blows our Super Freak with maroon polyester suits and a big cardboard train AND our I Want It That Way Backstreet Boys out of the water.

i wonder if those guys will perform at bachelorette parties?

Sarah - April 5, 2010

I love your famous people cards!:) Hope you had a great day!

Cynthia - April 7, 2010

I think you are so down to earth and funny girl! God has truly blessed us with your character and His love. Keep writing and sharing. Truly lightens my face and smile:) And yes, I have a Cat that reminds me to stop, breath, and question, him (the cat) or me, is in control. Ha, too cute!

Jenny B. Jones - April 8, 2010

Amy, you should pick a birthday every month!

Kristin, so glad you finally tried S’mores. We didn’t really eat them in my house growing up either.

Thanks, Evangeline! I’m glad to turn that sucker in too.

Debra, if I hear from George, I’m not sure I’ll be sharing him.

Darria and Sarah, thank you so much!!!

Ashley, I must see video of this performance of yours. Reminded me of talent shows we used to have when I taught drama. It was sooo much fun.

Cynthia, that made me smile. Thank you.