My Case of the Friday Randoms
Today a list of things to discuss.
1. Don't forget I'm giving away a copy of Save the Date, which officially releases next week.
2. Rel of Relz Reviewz, one of my favorite people, is also giving away a copy HERE.
3. My oh-so-talented former student Sydney has a blog, which I love, and wants to get 1000 views on her blog by Valentine's Day, or VD. Not to be confused with STD. (Save the Date. . . ) Sydney is my mega-talented (now college) student who will one day kick Lorne Michael's butt out of the SNL seat and totally dominate. It couldn't happen soon enough… (Did you see how they wasted Jim Carrey? Come on!)
4. American Idol. What do you think? I watched part of episode one and was like, “ZZZZZZZZzzzzz….” But then I saw everyone singing J-Lo and Steven Tyler's praises on Twitter and decided to give it another try. Y'all…it's not bad. I love Steven Tyler, no matter how many druggies and drinkies he has, but I didn't expect him to be good at this. Check out this story and watch for Tyler reaction in the very end of the video below. Guy has personality AND compassion. Like…he's good at being nice and conversational.
5. I'm blogging over at Southern Belle View today on my childhood church.
That is a big picture, eh?
If you're in Arkansas Feb. 18-19, come join us for a two day “Beautiful Girls” retreat. I'll be speaking Saturday on being royalty and the daughter of a king. Um, that's the Lord. I'm not Prince Charles illegitimate love child or anything. (Though one time I did write Princess Diana a letter and ask her if I could come live with her.) I'm not the main event, but Michelle Duggar is! Before you laugh, Duggar Doubters, Michelle happens to be an excellent speaker. I know this. Because my friend Kari said so.
7. Thank you to my friend Brooke who pointed me in the direction of this snow reporting sassy lady. Have you ever meet a “Meegan” who wasn't straight up sass? No, you have no. They're always fiesty! (” Who's zooming who?”
“And of course Los Angeles is sitting over there at 62. Mmm-hmm.” “You shoulda been trying to get some more plows…on sale.”) I don't think Meghan/Meegan/Meagan and I could hang out. Her anti-snow venom hurts my heart. (Is she holding her own camera?)
9. I saw Despicable Me finally. It was good! Love Steve Carell.
10. Speaking of Steve Carell, did you hear Will Ferrell is doing a four-episode guest arc on The Office? I'll be watching! I hope there's cowbell involved.
11. Go see The King's Speech! Go see The King's Speech! Yes, it's Rated R, but the film company sued over that and I can totally see why. There is maybe 60 seconds of cussing, and it is true to the story and does serve a purpose. (The King had a speech impediment and this movie is partially about overcoming that, and trust me, it's relevant, no matter how hard it is to hear.) This movie is Rated G with that one PG-13 moment. I am dumb-founded that it is rated R and disheartened as many conservative movie goers will shy from it just for the rating alone, and it's such an important story. Not an edge-of-your-seat story, but if you love documentaries, if you love anything Royal (like my father, Prince Charles), you will love this.
12. Guess what, scientists have dismissed all the bird and fish deaths. They have settled on the theory that the birds got startled by NYE fireworks. Uh-huh. Gee, I'm so surprised this has gotten swept under the rug…
13. My publisher and I have been talking YA book covers, specifically the cover for my September release, There You'll Find Me. Looking on Amazon, I found a ton that I loved, but I have a feeling, no matter what my book is about, this one , which is totally irrelevant, would probably sell some copies to teen girls no matter what. . .
Have a wonderful weekend. I am all blogged out today. We have a 60+ degree weekend on tap, and then Sunday a system rolls in that could bring “significant snow.” I am pretty much beside myself. My mom is trying to cancel out my prayers with her anti-snow prayers, but does she have a corresponding dance? I don't think so.