Song Disclosure

1151325_listening_to_music

I play this game with my students about once a month. I make them tell me their favorite song of the moment. Not their forever favorite, but the fave of that week. Most of them usually give answers I can't identify. “I like ‘Tastes Like Kevin Bacon' by I Wrestled A Bear Once.” Yeah. Me too. Totally my favorite. My grandma and I sing it all the time.

Here's my current fave of the moment, Price Tag by Jessie J.

Another one I've worn out is “Someone Like You” by Adele and her fake eye lashes.

What about you? Song you have on repeat this week?

Bethany Ellis - March 23, 2011

Well, I went to WinterJam Sunday night and bought Francesca Battistelli’s newest CD. I love her song “This is the Stuff.” But after listening to the CD yesterday, I’m in love with this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUoCW0Tj5VM 🙂 It’s called “So Long”

Jenny - March 23, 2011

No current song. After reading Bethany’s comment I went to listen to her song, because I love that Francesca Battistelli!

Shauna - March 23, 2011

I’ve been listening to Set Fire to the Rain by Adele a lot. Someone Like You pulls me in so much that sometimes I forget while I’m listening that I haven’t lost my true love. Love her lashes, BTW! She’s gorgeous.

I also really like Cloverton’s Take Me Into the Beautiful at the moment, which people may not have heard yet but is starting to get national airplay on Christian stations in the US and Australia. (Lance and Layne are from my hometown, and their dad was my music teacher for a while. I used to go to their house sometimes to practice my French horn with piano accompaniment for music contests.)

Ashley Mays - March 23, 2011

Ha- I love Price Tag, too…am I the only one who thinks it looks like she’s got coffee filters glued to her chest in that video?

Fav song of the moment: Bottoms Up. Please don’t tell my mother I just outed my love for trashy pop music on the world wide web.

Jenny B Jones - March 23, 2011

Ashley, love Bottoms Up. So catchy. Especially when you’re like me and can only memorize a chorus of a song.

Shauna, Adele is so pretty. And I love that Cloverton song. (which I just listened to for first time just now.) I”m a sucker for any bad who’s heavy on the instrumental and uses a piano.

Jenny and Bethany, I love some of the songs on that latest Battistelli CD, like Hundred More Years.

Miranda - March 23, 2011

I love Allstar Weekend. Their new song Not Your Birthday is simply AMAZING. 🙂 🙂 🙂

jess - March 23, 2011

Lovin’ me some Adele right now, “Rolling in the Deep” is my current favorite and The Band Perry “If I Die Young” has been on my IPod non stop for a few weeks. “You are More” by Tenth Avenue North has shown up A LOT on my most played list for the past couple weeks.

GreenBeanTeenQueen - March 23, 2011

I don’t really have any current favorite so I’m no help. But I’m looking up all these songs-I’ll be so cool!:)

Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect - March 23, 2011

I am loving “King of Anything” by Sara Bareilles. Can’t get enough of it! I also like the new song by Avril Lavigne: “What the Hell.” And, just to make sure I look completely musically schizophrenic, I’ll throw in my favorite current country song as well: Colder Weather by the Zac Brown Band.

Liv - March 23, 2011

Right now? Speak Now by Taylor Swift. Especially Haunted, Sparks Fly, Better Than Revenge, Dear John, Ours, Mean, and Superman. That’s like half of the songs!!!!!:-)

Amy - March 23, 2011

I honestly keep listening to JENNY & TYLER…like everything they own, but mostly “Song For You.” FYI, y’all can download their full album for FREE on NoiseTrade at noisetrade.com/jennyandtyler until March 30.

I also listen to J.J. Heller’s song “Olivianna” and I cry every single time.

Anna Grace - March 23, 2011

Anything by She & Him makes me ridiculously happy but that’s any month 🙂 Also, She’s Got You High by mumm-ra and Mushaboom by Feist

Kristin - March 23, 2011

Right now- “Sway” and “Save the Last Dance” by Michael Buble. What can I say? He’s a hunk and DWTS just started. (I missed most of the first episode because of my stupid CPR night class, but I won’t get into that.)

But I’ve also had two CDs on repeat lately: The Civil Wars’ “Barton Hollow” and Eisley’s “The Valley.”

Reagan - March 23, 2011

I’m agreeing with Amy on this one.
I have Jenny & Tyler on repeat, especially “Called Beauty.” Love it! So convicting!

Sarah - March 23, 2011

My right now favorite… I have several. “All My Fountains” by Chris Tomlin, “Shadows” by David Crowder Band feat. Lecrae, and “Our God” by Chris Tomlin, feat. Lecrae are pretty high up there (all of those are from the Passion 2011 Here For You soundtrack… it’s great to wake up to, study to, live life to…). I am also currently enjoying the Glee original songs “Loser Like Me” and “Get It Right.”

Sabrina - March 23, 2011

We love Train! I play Marry Me over and over. Love that song. Sadly my husband and I are at a place in our marriage that he feels he can tell me I can’t carry a tune in a bucket. I need to work on that. The husband part. I’m fine with not being able to sing because in my head it sounds great. 🙂

Oh and I love the Plain White T’s Rhythm of Love. It’s not new but I LOVE it!

Maggie Mc. - March 24, 2011

Jenny B. Jones–
Hey! I just wanted to tell you I absolutely LOVE you, your books, and your blog! And I want to tell you several things:
-I love your books! I read “So Not Happening” practically three times in a row! I love how it’s funny, romantic and exciting and mysterious at the same time!
-Your blog makes me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD! Here are two typical scenarios. ONE: I’m sitting alone in my room just giggling at the screen like a goober or just grinning stupidly at the screen. TWO: I start laughing out loud in front of my family. Especially after my sister has said something funny, and I read something funny on your blog. Then she thinks I’m laughing at what you said, and I’ll be like “what did you say?”
-I love reading the quotes from your students. I spent hours the other day searching your site for them and reading them. 🙂
-I’m a 14-year-old aspiring author and I think I might actually faint from joy if you were to someday read some of my work and like it!
-I really hope you respond to this comment because that would just be really cool!
Anyway that’s what I wanted to say! I really think you’re awesome! Keep on being, like, funny!
Love,
Maggie Mc.
P.S. My favorite song of right-now is “Tonight Tonight” by Hot Chelle Rae

Allie Smith - March 24, 2011

currently? “firework” by Katy Perry.i usually dont listen to katy much bcuz i love christian contemporary,but this song has been on alot of commercials lately so i looked it up and i love it!!!its so girl-powered and encouraging.
but i also really love “beautiful you” by johnny diaz.

Alli - March 25, 2011

Ditto to Bethany and Jenny on Francesca Batestelli:) Love her song “This is the Stuff” In fact I made up my own version of it! -But the song thats stuck in my head this week is “Kung Fu Fighting” No idea why.

shabbygeek - March 26, 2011

So glad you discovered Jessie J.’s Pricetag! I love this song, it was on repeat-1000x on my iPod a few weeks ago. I saw the music video on Vevo on my phone and fell in love with it, and the song’s lyrics. I would totally see her on tour. Come to Arkansas, Jessie J!

Yes, Miranda, that Allstar Weekend “Not Your Birthday” is SUPER catchy. I’ve also been playing “Hello” by Martin Solveig & Dragonette a TON.