A Case of the Randoms
I got some Advanced Reader Copies of There You'll Find Me (subtitle: The Book I Rewrote Exactly 1.5 Million Times and Still Am Not Speaking To). I will be giving one or two away. Soon. Eventually. Probably. Most Likely. TYFM is available for pre-order on Amazon. (Search: There You'll Find Me; don't search my name.) Here's the scoop on the story:
In a charming B&B in rural Ireland, Finely comes face-to-face with the hottest teen actor . . . and her past.
When Finely books her trip to the “Emerald Isle” as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from God. After all, since her brother’s death, God seems to have forgotten she even exists.
Now all she wants to do is let her heart heal, see the sights in her brother’s favorite country, and work on her college audition piece for a prestigious music conservatory. She plans to use her brother’s journal from his time as Ireland as her guide, yet from the moment she boards the plane and sits next to Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to her well-ordered plan.
The peace and beauty of the Irish village are no match for the chaos that soon becomes her life. When she gets roped into working as Beckett Rush’s personal assistant, she finds this famous wild child is not quite what he seems. And as she grows closer to the mysterious actor, her own secrets refuse to stay put.
As things begin to unravel, Finley takes desperate measures to control her own life and fill the empty spaces her brother left behind. When it all comes crashing down, Finley must discover how to give her past to God . . . if there’s to be any hope in her future
This book is a spin-off of Save the Date, a book I am speaking to. (Save TD and I had to have a lot of time apart as well though. But we eventually worked through our differences.) While Save the Date was not YA (though still appropriate), There You'll Find Me is eighteen-year old Finley's story. In Ireland. With a vampire. (Okay, vampire actor. Though saying it's a story with a vampire kind of ups my cool factor, so I might just start telling people that. I also might start telling people there are twenty dollar bills pasted in all pages ending in zero.)
So this is my yearly week of awesome celeb photo opportunities, as it is the Wal-Mart Shareholder's Meeting week. I will see celebs Tuesday and Friday and will report back. Tuesday's celebs are country music musicians, so I might not tell you about those since many of you are not right with the Lord and do not enjoy country music. (Sin! Sin!) But Friday…dude, Friday is bout near awesome. (Minus the fact that the American Idol winner always sings at the meeting, and you may or may not know that I am not happy with this season. Or last season. Or the season before that. (And where are the winners from the previous two seasons? Nowhere. Because I made them disappear. With my mind.) Scotty's performance style makes me uncomfortable. So this will be the portion of the meeting when I will go get a third round of free chocolate covered mini-donuts. I don't want to, but Scotty, you force me to it.)
Since I have no celebrity or Scotty pictures now, let's get back to random. Here are some things that have caught my attention of late:
1. Cover Girl's post on this artist and book cover art. Adore that second to last picture.
2. Adrianne Curry and Christopher Knight (Peter, Brady Bunch) have broken up. I was shocked they lasted this long–five years! If you ever saw their reality show years ago, you would know what I mean. They were Cray-Zay! I loved this quote from Knight's manager: “After starting a relationship with what seemed to be irreconcilable differences, the couple has reached a period where those differences are no longer appreciated.”
3. I often get emails asking for YA book recommendations. You should checks out the new blog by my friends Cara and Janna, two lovely ladies who read and review books from a “we need some clean but fab reading material for our kids” view point. You can check it out HERE.
4. Saw this on Target.com and knew I needed it. For what, I'm not sure. But somehow I know this would either make me the coolest aunt. Or the biggest gamer on the block.
5. Aren't these cool Alice in Wonderland prints on Etsy?
6. Have I already shared this amazing catch?
Love the comment on YouTube that says, ” Chuck Norris has a daughter?”
7. When Miller's bad, I pull up this video and threaten to send him to the Wild West.
8. So Nicolas Cage's son got married. When I first saw the photo, I was like, his son doesn't look anything like him!
Then I saw this.
9. I don't know if I will ever accept the fact that the Olsen Twins are guh-billionaire fashion entrepreneurs. Because their pictures usually say, “We dated Nicolas Cage's son.”
10. Recently an OLD student found me on Facebook and it was fun to catch up a bit. She was one of my drama stars, and I had encouraged her to pursue theater if that was what she truly wanted to do. She graduated from high school about eight years ago. When I asked how she was, this was her response:
“Actually, I'm the back half of a horse costume for the kiddie attraction at Medieval Times. It probably won't land me that Academy, but it feeds the kids (well three of them anyway). I tend bar at the VFW on Tuesdays; they call me Babs. Thanks for encouraging me to pursue my dreams of professional theatre! Billy Bob and I owe it all to you. We named our fourth after you.”
Remind me in December, I need to send her, Billy Bob and little Jenny some SPAM for Christmas.
I am off to stalk celebrities. Have a great week!
Wow…I can’t get over an ARC of THERE YOU’LL FIND ME. Too exciting.
Thanks for all the randomness. 🙂