I start school in a week. I can't talk about this.
All I seem to be able to do is obsessively check my Facebook and email in hopes it's been a bad mistake that all of Arkansas is returning to school a week early. So far no one has emailed me a correction.
In my despair, I have found a lot of things on the internet to share. Important things. Things that you can't go another day without being aware of.
1. Lisa Bergren's YA smash Waterfall is free for a limited time for your Nook or Kindle. Don't forget, even if you don't have a Nook or Kindle, you can still download and read with an app. Unless Apple becomes successful in taking over the world and all our apps. Then…never mind.
2. We have hit the Beautiful Movie Man Jackpot as Colin Firth and Orlando Bloom have teamed up to star in Main Street.
Two things: I don't buy Colin's Southern accent and I still have no idea what that movie is about.
3. I am not a fan of foreign films (too much reading; complicates my popcorn eating), but I really want to see The Hedgehog. Love that tag line. “Let Life In.”
4. My good friend Christa Allan's new book Edge of Grace releases today. Christa is one of my favorite writers, and if you remember, this book made my list of favorite covers. I just want to hang that cover up in a museum.
5. My friend Marybeth Whalen has a new release as well, She Makes It Look Easy. She makes it look easy is probably what women say when they meet Marybeth, as she has six kids, a full-time writing career, co-founded and runs She Reads, and is a national speaker for P31 Ministries. I am exhausted just writing that.
6. I loved this post by author Kristin Billerbeck.
7. The bar scene has never been my thing, so it's about time someone created a shot glass I can appreciate.
8. I love Kristin's shirt she made for the Harry Potter premiere. If you're not following her Sew Technicolor blog, you are missing out on some fun stuff.
7. My publisher Thomas Nelson would like to know what you want in your Christian fiction. We would ALL like to know what you want in your Christian fiction. (I vote unicorns and scratch-n-sniff.) The first 2k responders get a free e-book and everyone who participates gets in the running for $10,000, which you have to split 60-40 with me. (kidding. I've been told that's illegal. But what if I donated it to my favorite charity? The Jenny B. Jones Shoe Fund for Unstylish 2010 Feet has never been more in need…) You can fill out the survey HERE. Tell your friends.
8. I love this post by author Natalie Lloyd. Wisdom through Biscuit the dog. Yet, weeks later, and I'm still thinking about those words.
9. I read a lot of blogs (as you can tell from the state of my dirty house) and one of my favorites is Relz Reviewz. My favorite thing Aussie girl Rel does is give us a preview from publishers on what's coming next season in Christian fiction. Like this one. These posts always inspire lots of book cover conversation as well. Which always entertains me.
10. This photo of Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages is so wrong, I can't even stomach to click the link again myself. Me and my Aquanet are boycotting this movie. Or at least the opening night of the movie. That's right, Tom Who Is No 80s Rocker, I am going to watch your movie…at the discount theater. In my acid washed jeans. And how did this Broadway show get to the big screen before Wicked?
Anyway. Rock on. And have a great week.
I don’t buy Colin’s southern accent either. But if someone wanted to pay me for a terrible southern accent, I’d do it. I wouldn’t be the first. And you didn’t mention Andrew McCarthy, but you should have.
Natalie Lloyd apparently hasn’t seen ‘Dog Doogity’ video from the amazing state of Washington. http://youtu.be/jDh12w-jcfs (And I’m guessing you haven’t either.)
Love Rel! She’s such a fun lady! I hope if people haven’t ever checked out her blog that they do now!
I’m guessing that the heat and whole missing a/c thing is over now since we didn’t get to hear about it in a blog from you.